Taking off from the Knik River Lodge in the heart of the Mat-Su Valley to the Knik Glacier (5 miles wide by 29 miles long!). We land right in the middle of the Knik Glacier, where you can get out of the helicopter and spend about 30 minutes on ice thousands of years old with your pilot/guide. We provide ice spikes for you to safely hike on the ice Take pictures of the blue lakes on top of the glacier, crevasses and ice ‘sculptures’ made by wind, sunshine & time. (Summer)
TRANSFERS FROM ANCHORAGE If you do not have a rental car we can provide transfer service from Anchorage to our location (45 mins North of Anchorage ) for an added fee for select tour times. Call us direct to schedule!
WINTER TOURS please note that this tour in some winter months may not land directly on top of the glacier due to snow cover and safety issues, landing may be on the side next to incredible deep blue ice formations (an equally spectacular experience)
TOTAL TOUR TIME 1 hour
FLIGHT TIME approx 30 minutes
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Knik River Lodge, 29979 E Knik River Rd, Palmer, AK 99645, USA
Check in is 30 minutes prior to departure - Checking in late can effect the length of your tour.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- TRANSFERS CAN BE PURCHASED FOR ROUND TRIP FROM ANCHORAGE.
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing 250lb and over including clothing and gear will be required to pay a comfort surcharge.
- Most travelers can participate
- CHECK IN is 30 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time. If you arrive late, your tour may be shortened or rescheduled and additional cost may be applicable.
- SERVICE ANIMALS are permitted if they are secured in a crate only. Call for specifications
- Restaurant Service is available on site May 17 - September 20. Snacks are available year round for purchase.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All Fees and Taxes
- Guided Glacier Hike - 30 mins (SUMMER)
- Helicopter Flightseeing - 30 mins
- Guided 30 min Frozen Ice formation walk (WINTER)
- TRANSFERS FROM ANCHORAGE NOT INCLUDED - Added for additional fee if needed
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Alaska Helicopter Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.