Make the most of your time in Cozumel and jump on a Jeep-and-snorkel combination tour! You'll drive through town and around the island, visit an ancient Mayan ruin, then head to the beach to relax and snorkel in Cozumel's tropical waters.
What You'll Get
After boarding your Jeep Wrangler or Jeep Patriot (maximum 4 guests per Jeep), take off on an exciting drive around town for insights into local life. The scenic route provides breathtaking views of tropical Cozumel, and throughout your drive you can keep in contact with your tour guide via a state-of-the-art radio system installed in every Jeep.
A long sandy road leads to the Punta Sur State Refuge ecological reserve. Here you'll visit El Caracol, an ancient Mayan ruin once used as a weather alarm. Built between 1200 and 1400 A.D., El Caracol was used by the Mayans to indicate the approach of a hurricane or storm. At Columbia Lagoon, watch saltwater crocodiles basking in the sun in their natural environment. Then, explore the observation tower which overlooks the lagoon before heading over to the beach to enjoy the year-round crystal-clear waters.
The bay is protected from sea currents, and its calm, shallow waters make it the ideal place for snorkeling. You might see turtles, lobsters and tropical fish on your guided snorkeling tour. While you snorkel, your guide will always be nearby to help you out and answer any questions you may have. If you want to give snorkeling a miss, feel free to simply relax under the shade of your beach umbrella.
Jumping back into the Jeeps, you'll head over to the Navigation Museum inside the Punta Celarain lighthouse, with the option to climb to the top. Then, drive over to a beach resort to enjoy a delicious Mexican lunch of fajitas, rice, beans, chips, real tortillas and Mexican salsa. Beach chairs, a freshwater swimming pool, showers and towels are included in the price.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please note: you must be at least 21 years old and must present a valid driver's license in order to drive the Jeep
- Note: The jeep is manual transmission
- Minimum age for the Jeep tour is 4 years old
- Minimum age for snorkeling is 8 years old
- Guests must wear seat belts at all times
- All drivers cannot consume alcoholic beverages prior or during the tour
- Jeep tour
- Guided snorkeling tour
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Mexican lunch
- Entry/Admission - El Caracol
- Entry/Admission - Laguna Colombia
- Entry/Admission - Punta Sur Eco Beach Park
- Hotel/port pickup and drop off
5 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cozumel Fun Excursions S.A de C.V in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.