Thanks to cartoons, many Americans believe that the correct way to taste wine is to take a sip, then witness something so shocking that it causes them to involuntarily expectorate. Skip the spit takes and sample wine correctly with today’s Groupon to The Wine Cafe in Mankato. Choose between the following options:
- For $15, you get paninis and drinks for two (up to a $31 total value) that includes the following items:
- Two glasses of wine or pints of beer (up to a $7 value each)
Two paninis (an $8.50 value each) <p>
- For $29, you get paninis and drinks for four (up to a $62 total value) that includes the following items:
- Four glasses of wine or pints of beer (up to a $7 value each)
- Four paninis (an $8.50 value each) <p>
The Wine Cafe invites diners to explore its wine list and swig its import and domestic beers aside generously portioned paninis. Herbed mayo accentuates the fresh chicken pecan salad panini, and the club panini contains ham, turkey, swiss, and a padlock to keep nonmembers from learning its secrets. Friends unwind with bottled microbrews from Goose Island or imports, such as Newcastle brown ale. Varietals from around the world treat wine aficionados to options that include Australian Stonehaven chardonnay as well as local Minnesotan concoctions, such as a semidry Rivertown Red from Stillwater. Live musicians evoke toe-tapping merriment on Friday and Saturday nights, and during Thursday night karaoke, patrons can cover classic pop tunes before covering them in front of strangers on public transportation.