All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· Reviewed November 14, 2017
· Reviewed October 14, 2017
· Reviewed September 8, 2017
What You'll Get
Choose from Eight Options
- C$30 for a Wild Edible Plants hike for one (C$99 value)
- C$57 for a Wild Edible Plants hike for two (C$198 value)
During the edible plant hike, participants learn how to identify and forage for wild edible and medicinal plants. The hike lets people identify and sample 50–75 species and includes a wild-edibles booklet.
- C$30 for an outdoor survival skills and disaster preparedness course for one (C$99 value)
- C$57 for an outdoor survival skills and disaster preparedness course for two (C$198 value)
The outdoor survival skill and disaster preparation class teaches participants how to survive in the outdoors by constructing a survival kit, building fire and a shelter, and choosing backup gear and equipment for off-the-grid survival.
- C$30 for a winter outdoor survival skills course for one (C$99 value)
- C$57 for a winter outdoor survival skills course for two (C$198 value)
This course is similar to the above outdoor survival skills course, though adapted for the additional challenges of winter weather and the cold.
- C$78 for a wilderness survival weekend for one (C$149 value)
- C$151 for a wilderness survival weekend for two (C$398 value)
Participants get hands-on experience in survival and safety skills by spending days and a night in the bush. Topics include shelters, fire building, signaling for help, setting snares, foraging for food, trip planning, and survival clothing.
Click here to view the schedule.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Registration required. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed voucher price). Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. Must be 7 or older. Younger than 10 must be accompanied by guardian. Dates subject to availability, first come first serve. Pets are not permitted. May be repurchased every 30 days. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About WSC Survival School
WSC Survival School, Inc.'s director David Arama is one of Canada's foremost survival experts. He has appeared on TSN's The Great Outdoorsman show and The Weather Network News, has taught outdoor classes for 30 years, and he has written several survival manuals.
His school's classes include everything from kayaking and orienteering to an outdoor survival course, where students learn how to build a fire, erect shelter, and take a selfie looking fierce in strategically placed mud. His hiking for wild edibles class challenges participants to forage for more than 50 species of edible and medicinal plants.