All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed December 12, 2012
What You'll Get
Creating a masterwork of art can be like wandering through a maze: after a lengthy period of self-reflection and contemplation, you’ll still probably starve. Appreciate the figurative risks and transcendent joys of artistic creativity with today’s Groupon for a one-year membership to Yerba Buena Center for the Arts downtown. Choose one of three membership options:
- $32 for a Basic membership (up to a $65 value)
- $82 for a Discoverer membership (a $165 value)
- $150 for a Groundbreaker membership (a $300 value)
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts presents contemporary art that celebrates human diversity while emphasizing young and emerging artists. Besides perks such as members-only ticket specials and a subscription to the museum’s monthly newsletter, each membership offers a year of gallery admission to exhibits such as TechnoCRAFT, Yves Béhar’s exploration of the narrowing gap between designers and consumers in modern design trends. In Nothing Related, but Something Could Be Associated, Koki Tanaka uses everyday objects in unexpected ways to create playful, unexpected sculptures that will later be fired into space to deflect 1999 RQ36. Yoshua Okón's US exhibit features videos that delight, shock, and astound viewers with improvised performances that were recorded in collaboration with his audience.
By upgrading to the Discoverer level of membership, patrons get a second membership card to share with a friend as well as exclusive event invitations. The Groundbreaker membership adds to art’s allure by offering recognition in the center’s newsletter, access to the donor lounge during Opening Night parties, and two free tickets to any performance or film.
Named for the abundant herb after which Spaniard explorers originally named the San Francisco area, Yerba Buena Center for the Arts’ fresh, experimental art displays are produced by both local and non-local artists. Sign your eyes up for a year of slick sights with today’s Groupon.
New members only. You will need to provide your mailing address so that YBCA can send you your membership card(s). If you are purchasing a gift membership, you will need to provide the recipient’s mailing address.
- It's the city's cultural facility, similar to New York's Lincoln Center but far more fun on the outside. The Center's two buildings offer music, theater, dance, and visual arts programs and shows. James Stewart Polshek designed the 755-seat theater, and Fumihiko Maki designed the Galleries and Arts Forum, which features three galleries and a space designed especially for dance. Cutting-edge computer art, multimedia shows, contemporary exhibitions, and performances occupy the center's high-tech galleries. – Frommer’s
- I have never been disappointed by the variety and broad scope the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts offers to not only its members and patrons, but to the artists who actually show there. – d. nicole t., Insider Pages
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 19, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 as a gift. New members only. Valid only for membership option purchased. Must provide shipping address. Must enter recipient's shipping information if purchasing as a gift. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.