During wine-making classes, clients can learn the art of making the beverage and proper techniques from experienced professionals
About This Deal
- Wine-making classes aim to teach participants the basics of the process with clear instructions. Clients can then bottle and label their own wine before taking it home.
- What’s included:
- Step by step instructions
- One of six wine types–Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Pinot Grigio, Riesling, or Chardonnay
- Tasting sample wines to select which wine to make and starting the batch on the first day
- On the second day, about eight weeks later, clients will bottle, cork, and label their own wine
- Half (14 bottles of the same wine) or full (28 bottles of the same wine) batch to take home
- Age restrictions: must provide 21+ ID to receive alcoholic beverages
Need To Know
About Your Own Winery
After traveling to vineyards throughout the United States and Canada during wine-tasting trips, Michele and Paul Crecca realized they could show others how to make their own wine. They founded Your Own Winery to share their passion and know-how with newcomers to the world of wine.
Today, they help hobbyists produce and bottle more than 200 varietals of wine, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Pinot Grigio, Riesling or Chardonnay. The staff will provide free samples to help students decide what kind of wine to make. It can be a tough decision because winemaking is a six-to-eight week process that spans from primary fermentation to bottling. Michele and Paul even help their clients create personalized bottle labels from a wide selection of pre-designed label forms. Personal step by step instruction from Your Own Winery experts. Customers can choose from one of six wine types – Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Pinot Grigio, Riesling or Chardonnay. The class consists of 2 one-hour appointments over an 8 week period. Reservations are required. The Half Batch deal will have 14 bottles of their selected wine (one wine type) at the end of the class, Full Batch deal will have 28 bottles (one wine type) of their selected wine at the end of the class.