Before sushi, those who wanted fresh fish had to goad salmon into saying something sassy. Keep things fresh with today’s Groupon to Zendo Asian Cuisine and Lounge. Choose between the following options:
- For $28, you get a sushi dinner for two (up to a $69.75 total value), which includes:
- Two cocktails or beers (up to a $24 value)
- One appetizer (up to a $5.95 value)
- Two regular rolls (up to a $13.90 value)
- Two special rolls (up to a $25.90 value)
- For $48, you get a sushi dinner for four (up to a $139.50 total value), which includes:
- Four cocktails or beers (up to a $48 value)
- Two appetizers (up to an $11.90 value)
- Four regular rolls (up to a $27.80 value)
- Four special rolls (up to a $51.80 value)
The experienced chef at Zendo Asian Cuisine and Lounge creates a menu boasting innovative makimono rolls along with Chinese-, Thai-, and Malaysian-fueled appetizers. Specialty cocktails and frosty glasses of beer prime palates for starters of aged tofu, sweet-potato tempura, and roti bread that dives into curry dipping sauce mined from Earth’s spicy hot springs. Shrimp-asparagus rolls and california rolls pipe familiar tunes to tongues, and special rolls such as the tobiko-topped volcano and eel-vanquishing dragon varieties invite diners on brand new adventures.
Zendo Restaurant and Lounge
The chefs at Zendo send taste buds jet setting on a tour of the Far East with lunch and dinner menus teeming with Japanese, Chinese, Thai, and Malaysian cuisine. Meats, veggies, and a slew of noodles bathe in bento boxes splashed with exotic sauces such as tom yum sauce, basil sauce, and a painter's palette of curry colors. The resident sushi master also artfully rolls and slices fish for special maki and arrangements of sashimi, and the bartender slings Asian-inspired drinks that can be smoothly stirred with a lone chopstick or the stiff beak of an origami crane.
480 9th Ave.
Manhattan, New York 10018