Necessity is the mother of invention, which explains why hunger is responsible for such innovations as sandwiches and edible light bulbs. Indulge in the succulent fruits of creation with today’s Groupon to Caña y Café. Choose between the following options:
- For $39, you get a Latin-fusion dinner for two (up to an $86 total value) that includes the following:
- One shared appetizer (up to a $12 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $28 value each)
Two glasses of sangria or house wine (up to a $9 value each)<p>
- For $75, you get a Latin-fusion dinner for four (up to a $172 total value) that includes the following:
- Two shared appetizers (up to a $12 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $28 value each)
- Four glasses of sangria or house wine (up to a $9 value each)<p>
Dominican native Sara Taveras, her husband, restaurateur Luis Taveras, and Caña y Café’s new executive chef Roberto Ferrer inject contemporary technique as well as European, Asian, and Caribbean flare into Latin-fusion recipes to create vivid, metropolitan cuisine. Flavorsmiths prime palates with a selection of appetizers that includes the pulpo a la brasa al estilo Mediterraneo, where Mediterranean-style octopus grills atop a bed of charcoal before curling up beside a pool of black-olive tapenade. Brimming with aquatic and earthly morsels, the paella Valenciana tosses shrimp, scallops, chicken, and chorizo into an ocean of saffron Arborio rice and sherry for diners to spear with miniature tridents. A grouper fillet struts out to tables alongside fresh crabmeat, spinach risotto, and chardonnay-butter sauce to create the mero relleno de cangrejo. The chuleton de puerco accessorizes its frenched pork chop with a Francophile trio of mushroom ragu, gorgonzola-truffle butter, and a spinach mustache.
Illuminating its lime-green wall and exposed brick with warm, intimate lighting, Caña y Café’s dining room invites toasts with glassfuls of sangria or house wine from a list that includes such traditionally Spanish grape varietals as tempranillo, verdejo, and California raisin.
“Amazing food and I will be returning”
Cana y Cafe
565 West 207th Street
New York, NY 10034