Stress can withstand tickle fights and cuddles from kittens, but it cannot resist a good soak and sweat. Today’s Groupon for an hour-long soak and sauna for two (a $28 value) plus towel rental (a $2 value) at Common Ground Wellness Center will help rid you of tension and strain. For $15, fit your worries in a plush towel and wish them a fond farewell.
A trip to the relaxing space at Common Ground Wellness Center will remind you that peaceful places still exist in a world full of holiday stresses, burnt raspberry cookies, and cloverfields. In the company of a loved one or a dependable soaking buddy, offer your muscles bubbly tranquility by taking a dip in the large outdoor hot tub with muscle-loving therapy jets. Then, head to the beautiful dry-cedar sauna where heat will sweat out all your toxins, relieve joint pains, and help blood flow.
Harkening back to old days when society had fewer rules and less stringent manners, Common Ground is a co-ed and swimwear-optional spa that encourages physical and spiritual freedom. The relaxation oasis maintains community, women-only, and men-only hours for complete comfort. Enter your garden of paradise under your own rules of coziness and see the wonders an hour's worth of soaking and effervescing can do for your spirit’s clarity.
Remember to call in advance to schedule your relaxation appointment. Each duo may use up to three Groupons.
- Common Ground Wellness Center in NE Portland is as close to nirvana as one can find in Portland. I have been to the new facility four times and it gets better each time. The staff is friendly, the service excellent, the place is spotless, the showers (four) are refreshing, the sauna and the hot tubs are set at the perfect temperatures for optimal comfort. – DanielJ1, Citysearch
- The atmosphere is serene and fellow visitors are usually friendly and polite. Do not worry about how you look, you will be accepted just the way you are. – kenkx, Citysearch
- This is by far one of the nicest and cleanest spas I've ever been too. – Carla R., Yelp
Our Common Ground in the Fertile Crescent
Every society has common roots in the Fertile Crescent, the cradle of civilization in which society first bloomed. What made the Fertile Crescent such a perfect location for cultures to grow?
- Fertile soil allowed the perfection of farming techniques, such as planting seeds and using dinosaurs to work the fields.
- Flora and fauna diversity allowed hunter-gatherer societies to replace less effective Hoping Winter Never Comes societies.
- Numerous rivers were filled with numerous magic swords and numerous destiny-foretelling nymphs.
- Geographical diversity allowed the region to include mountains, deserts, and several teen centers that were constantly threatened by land developers and sandstorms.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
Common Ground Wellness Center
At Common Ground Wellness Center's two locations, diverse patrons seek health through holistic body treatments including therapeutic massage and acupuncture, and soak up relaxation in a bathhouse with an outdoor whirlpool and cedar sauna. The center's co-op location invites visitors of all genders to soak in the facility's swimsuit-optional spa throughout open sessions or during hours designated for male, female, or trans and genderqueer persons. Visitors who regularly use alternative transportation—including their bike, feet, or polar bear—can claim a complimentary soak or sauna on their 11th trip. An eclectic roster of 30 bodywork practitioners practices at both the co-op and 106 year-old Flanders House venues, healing clients' minds and bodies with hands-on massage and chiropractic therapies alongside naturopathic guidance and emotional counseling.
95% of 150 customers recommend
“Love the hot tub”
“Lovely space, respectful patrons”
5010 Ne 33rd Ave
Portland, Oregon 97211Get Directions