Eating a hearty meal makes you feel like a king, much like wearing a crown or banishing the dog to a small island in the South Atlantic. Rule with a silver fork with this Groupon.
$139 for a Big-Game Party Package for Carry-Out ($299 Value)
- 10 pieces of fried mac ‘n’ cheese
- 1 pound of buffalo chicken and blue cheese meatballs with dressing
- 1 pint of celery and carrot sticks
- Six pigs in comforters with deli mustard
- 1 quart of beef chili over dirty rice
- One bag of Burke’s Angry corn chips
- 1 pound of pulled pork
- One dozen potato slider mini rolls
- 1 pound of panko-crusted chicken tenders with a honey-mustard dipping sauce
- 1 quart of Chef April’s bacon-chocolate sweet-and-savory bar mix
David Burke at Bloomingdale's
Chef David Burke studied at the prestigious Culinary Institute of America before earning a glowing reputation as chef at the River Café and later the Park Avenue Café. He would parlay those experiences into his own entrepreneurial success, opening the celebrated davidburke & donatella on 61st Street in 2003, and then taking over the 59th Street façade of the iconic Bloomingdale's department store. David's intent in opening his eatery in Bloomingdale's was to fuse different sensibilities. On one side, the Burke Bar Café offers an accessible but slightly more elegant dining experience. Alternatively, shoppers in a hurry can step over to the other side of the historical frontage. There, a streamlined, more cafeteria-like mood prevails at Burke in the Box, which swaddles the award-winning cuisine in snazzy takeout boxes. The menus at both establishments change regularly and abound with American fare updated by exciting twists, such as crispy fish tacos with pineapple-guacamole salsa or mac 'n' cheese infused with bacon and lobster.