The best way to explore a new place is by bike, unless that place is underwater or in the sky. This land is your land with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $29 for a historical bike tour for one (up to a $64 value)
- $50 for a historical bike tour for two (up to a $128 value)
- $95 for a historical bike tour for four (up to a $256 value)
Each deal is valid for one the following guided tours:
- Riverside-Avondale: a 10-mile ride through one of Jacksonville’s wealthiest areas, stocked with homes in Georgian, Tudor, and Victorian styles, oak-lined roads, and riverside paths.
- Olde Mandarin: A 12-mile ride through a rainforest area with a rich history of orange farming, Spanish and British power struggles, and Civil War conflict. Championed by Civil War–era novelist Harriet Beecher Stowe as “a tropical paradise,” the area now boasts museums, a fishing dock, and verdant public parks.
- San Marco: An 11-mile ride through an area modeled after Venice. Riders visit the Square, a trendy district stocked with shopping, galleries, and entertainment, as well as the art deco-style San Marco Theatre, with views of the Saint Johns River.
Each tour includes a comfortable touring bike, helmet, water bottle, and a basket for storing your belongings. Throughout each tour, photographers snap souvenir photos, which are emailed to participants free of charge. For more details, see the tour schedule or the FAQ page.
e2ride bike tours
High-profile destinations often cite their high ratings on TripAdvisor, which named e2ride bike tours Jacksonville’s No. 1 attraction. However, few boast that they were highly rated by Harriet Beecher Stowe. Her iconic novel, Uncle Tom’s Cabin, is credited with helping to ignite the Civil War, but most of her opinions on travel have been lost to the ages—except on the company’s historical bike tour of Olde Mandarin. As the tour group winds past the lush area’s museums and public parks, the tour guide notes that Stowe dubbed the area “a tropical paradise.”
On the company’s other tours, guides offer equally juicy historical facts, such as that Riverside-Avondale was originally only occupied by just two homeowners or that Truman Capote vacationed in Springfield. As they learn about the past, groups cycle down present-day roads lined with homes in styles ranging from Tudor and Georgian to Star Warsian.
The San Marco trip is wonderful--nature, history, beauty. An easy ride with a fun and knowledgeable guide. Leigh knows her stuff and tells it well.FernandinaBeachMarty, TripAdvisor, 4/22/12
We will definitely do another tour with Leigh - she was an awesome guide and so pleasant to talk to.Erika N, TripAdvisor, 7/10/12
Tips from Groupon Customers
“The best tour I have ever experienced. I learned a great deal about Jacksonville and the Riverside area, great co-rider new friends and a fantastic TOUR GUIDE!!!!!”
“Be prepared to have fun and learn a great deal.”
“Great bikes, an easy ride except for a little traffic, and a fantastic guide. Lots of fun on a beautiful day!”