Top Reasons to Visit Apple Farm Inn
- The hotel has 104 rooms, but it feels more like a small-town bed and breakfast—it has country decor and B & B–style shared spaces, and outside, there are shady sycamore trees, flower gardens, and views of the Nine Sisters mountains.
- You can cool off and relax at the heated outdoor pool and hot tub or visit the massage parlor for an apple-cider shea-butter massage.
- Each of the rooms is individually decorated, but they all have a common countryside theme, with bright colors and plenty of sunlight. Most of the spacious rooms have cozy nooks and gas fireplaces.
- Directly adjacent to the hotel is the Apple Farm Restaurant and Bakery, a favorite stop for locals, who come for the homestyle pies and pastries. They also have market-fresh seafood for dinner, including herb-crusted rainbow trout and tilapia provencal.
- It’s just a short drive north of wine country and William Randolph Heart’s epic castle. Just a little further away are the spectacular cliffside beaches of Big Sur.
San Luis Obispo, California: Historic Californian City Close to Hiking and the Pacific Coast
Founded in 1772 as a mission community, San Luis Obispo is one of the oldest towns in California. Nicknamed “SLO,” it’s located halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles and has a thriving downtown. Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa is its centerpiece. It was the original mission of the city, and has been completely restored and now houses a museum. Near the mission, you can wander through posh boutique shops and dine at upscale restaurants.
San Luis Obispo is almost perpetually sunny, with more than 300 rain-free days every year. The city is bisected by a string of hills known as the Nine Sisters, and six of these are open for climbing, hiking, and mountain biking. And with the Pacific coastline and beaches 10 miles away, people flock here to go windsurfing, kayaking, surfing, and kiteboarding. Also nearby is the resort town of Avila Beach, famous for its hot mineral springs.
San Luis Obispo made international headlines in 1990 when it became the first place in the world to ban smoking in all public buildings, including bars and restaurants. This action sparked worldwide antismoking laws, and today, it’s a citable offense to smoke in public at all in SLO. Considering the city’s famously strict health codes, it’s a delightful surprise that Bubble Gum Alley exists here. Locals and visitors have been sticking their chewed gum on Bubble Gum Alley’s walls since about 1960, and in turn, the alley is now a massive, mosaic-like public artwork that is at once beautiful and grotesque.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Apple Farm Restaurant and Bakery
- Heated pool and hot tub
- Daily wine reception
- Flower gardens
- Massage center
- Gift shop
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- 72-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Not valid with reward points
- $4.48 resort fee including taxes per day paid at check out at the property
- 12.065% tax added at purchase
- Credit card required at check-in.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
All Rooms Feature:
- Traditional country decor
- Gas fireplaces
- Cable TV with HBO programming
King Deluxe or Specialty Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
Queen Specialty Room
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Resort fee includes: WiFi, daily newspaper, daily beverage service, two bottles of water in room, daily cookies
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: available for an additional $20 per night
- Smoking policy: smoking is not allowed on the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed on the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request by calling the property.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: 4 miles from San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport (SBP)
- By cab: about $15 from SBP
- By car: about 190 miles northwest of Los Angeles
- By shuttle: a complimentary airport shuttle is provided
- Call the property at (805) 544-2040 to arrange for shuttle pick-up.
The Groupon Guide to: Home-Improvements Projects
Doing their own home-improvement projects can be a big source of pride for a homeowner, giving them something to show off to guests and cable television shows where they interview people about their houses. Here are some projects you can work on at your house:
Use a sledgehammer to demolish your deck so your dog will stop falling off the edge of it.
Pour concrete over your whole backyard to make it a better place to roller-skate.
Install a sink right in front of your toilet so you can use the bathroom and wash your hands at the same time.
Take rough, unpolished logs from a nearby forest and use them to make a cool-looking uneven floor for your bedroom.
Paint all of the doors in your house green so people know you’re fun.