Hotel at a Glance: Best Western Plus Peppertree Airport Inn
This three-star hotel, located just off Interstate 90, is just 3 miles away from Spokane International Airport. But it's also a comfortable place to stay if you want to check out the beautiful city of Spokane—downtown Spokane is just 5 miles east. It has lovely riverside parks and is home to Gonzaga University.
- Free airport shuttle for all hotel guests, operating 24 hours per day
- Into the wild: Numerous wildlife refuges and parks are within 50 miles of the hotel, including Idaho's Coeur D'Alene National Forest, waterfalls, lakes, and rivers.
- A free breakfast buffet, which includes scrambled eggs, breakfast burritos, and waffles, is served each morning.
- Two restaurants are adjacent to the hotel: Subway and Denny's.
- Room highlights: High-definition televisions with cable, free WiFi, microwaves, and separate sitting areas
- Enjoy a swim in the indoor pool, or hang out in the hot tub.
- Bring your dog along—they stay free at the hotel.
Spokane, Washington: Bustling Arts District and Riverfront Park near the Rocky Mountains
Spokane is Washington’s second largest city, but it manages to stay in touch with its green side. In fact, the town’s motto is “Near nature. Near perfect.” Throughout Spokane, you’ll find tons of parks and gardens as well as the Spokane River, which flows directly through downtown. And then there’s the thundering Spokane Falls at Riverfront Park. The 100-acre public green space also features a century-old carousel, an opera house, and an outdoor Ice Palace that’s open for skating from October through March. There’s a host of recreational opportunities just outside of Spokane as well. You can go boating and fishing on Lake Coeur d'Alene across the Idaho border (it’ll take you about an hour to get there), and the nearby Rocky Mountains offer unparalleled skiing, biking, and hiking.
In recent years, Spokane has emerged as a bona fide cultural hub with a thriving arts scene. On the first Friday of every month, dozens of downtown venues stay open late to showcase paintings, sculptures, photography, and other works by local artists. At the Martin Woldson Theater at The Fox, you can take in a performance by the Spokane Symphony. For a quick bite before the show, check out one of the casual eateries highlighted on Guy Fieri’s Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, such as Elk Public House. A good bet for wine lovers is Barrister Winery, which produces fruit-forward vintages in a 100-year-old brick building.