Hotel at a Glance: Castaway Bay
From bodysurfing on three-foot waves in the 100,000-gallon wave pool to zooming down one of four multi-story water slides, there’s no shortage of fun to be had at Castaway Bay and its large indoor water park. An added bonus: families can enjoy a variety of children’s activities, including a meet-and-greet with Peanuts characters.
- Huge indoor water park: The five-story complex boasts pools and slides for all ages; this Groupon comes with daily passes for everyone in your party.
- Arcade: Video games, air hockey, basketball, and more
- Restaurants: Onsite dining options include a TGI Friday’s, Mango Mike’s breakfast buffet, and Ebb & Eddy’s Sweets & Eats with the adjacent Woody’s Lounge where TVs show sports.
- In-room amenities: private deck or balcony, flat-screen television, free WiFi, a microwave, and a mini refrigerator
- Fitness center: Stay fit on vacation
Sandusky, Ohio: Roller Coasters on Lake Erie
Located on the banks of Lake Erie and almost exactly halfway between Cleveland and Toledo, Sandusky earned a spot on Forbes’s list of Best Places to Live Cheaply for its picturesque lake views and premier theme parks.