Top Reasons to Stay at Embassy Suites San Diego Bay – Downtown
- The hotel is a short walk to the Gaslamp Quarter, the city’s coolest spot for dining and nightlife, and a 10-minute drive SeaWorld, where you can see the world-famous killer whale Shamu and feed the dolphins and sea lions.
- You can start your day with a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast that includes waffles, pancakes, eggs, hash browns, and fresh fruit.
- Each evening, there’s a complimentary reception with alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages and appetizers in the lobby.
- If you don’t feel like dining downtown, you can head to the onsite PFC Bar & Grill, which has a seafood-centric menu and stays open until midnight.
- Many of the guest rooms look out onto the bay or downtown.
- In 2012, the hotel received TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence, which is awarded to properties that consistently earn good user reviews.
San Diego: Historical Attractions and Electric Nightlife in Southern California
San Diego's sunny, comfortably warm weather and 70 miles of coastline have long attracted vacationing out-of-towners, but the city's inland scene is no slouch, either. The Gaslamp Quarter is arguably one of the trendiest listings on the National Register of Historic Places. The area forms both the historic center of town and a hub of San Diego nightlife, with nearly 100 Victorian-era buildings now occupied by high-end boutiques, jewelers, and gourmet restaurants.
During the day, a stroll through iconic Balboa Park takes you past 17 separate museums, as well as the world-famous and much beloved San Diego Zoo. There's also the vibrant Spanish Village Art Center, a living gallery where local artists continuously produce pottery, handblown glass, and oil paintings for sale.
Farther north, in Old Town—site of the first European settlement in California—shops in Mission-style stucco buildings sell colorful wrestling masks, woven baskets, and maracas. Nearby stands The Whaley House Museum, dubbed one of the Most Terrifying Places in America by the Travel Channel. Ghosts of former residents are said to inhabit the rooms, which are filled with Victorian furniture, eerie dolls, and squeegees for ectoplasm cleanup.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.