Hotel at a Glance: Hotel Goleta Santa Barbara
Just a 10-minute drive from the University of California – Santa Barbara, this hotel provides easy access to the oceanside campus and the area's acclaimed beaches. For guests who fly in, a complimentary shuttle service runs to and from Santa Barbara Airport.
- California cuisine: Remington's, the onsite restaurant, serves fresh, locally sourced dishes for breakfast and dinner.
- Alfresco cocktails: Grab a drink at the onsite Las Palmas Patio and Al Fresco Bar, which has a fire pit for cool evenings.
- Take a dip: The hotel has a heated outdoor pool.
- Pet friendly: You can bring your pets for no extra charge (and there are no size or weight restrictions).
- Distance to Goleta Beach: 3 miles
Santa Barbara, California: Bikeable City with Picturesque Beaches
With its sandy beaches and mild, Mediterranean climate nearly all year long, Santa Barbara is often called the “American Riviera.” Centrally located East Beach is a popular spot—it has a long shoreline lined with volleyball courts and snack bars. For a bit more privacy and quietude, head a few miles east to no-frills Butterfly Beach. It’s also one of the only Santa Barbara beaches where you can see the sunset, as most beaches in town face south.
Santa Barbara is a very bikeable city. Lots of paths take you alongside the beach and through pretty, residential neighborhoods. You might want to cruise along the Cabrillo bike path, which runs beside the Pacific Ocean for three miles from Leadbetter Beach to Montecito. Along the way, stop at Stearns Wharf, which has many local seafood restaurants and boutiques. It’s California’s oldest working wharf, and you can still watch fishermen as they off-load the day’s catch.
Situated in the shadow of the Santa Ynez Mountains, the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden is worth a visit. Its 78 acres are planted with more than 1,000 species from all over California. You can explore the garden all year long on the 5.5 miles of walking trails lined with California lilacs, coast live oaks, or chaparral.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.