Hotel at a Glance: Point Lookout Resort & Conference Center
Point Lookout Resort occupies nearly 400 acres of pine trees, ponds, and private, boulder-lined beachfront along Penobscot Bay. On the grounds you'll find a bowling alley, soccer fields, and the resort's own restaurant.
- On the menu at the Copper Pine Cafe: Pancakes, custom omelets, and hearty sandwiches from organic ingredients grown onsite (dinner is served seasonally)
- White Pine cabins: Made from Maine pine and outfitted with kitchenettes and gas-fired wood stoves
- Onsite bowling alley: With electronic scoring, foosball, arcade games, and two big-screen TVs
- Fitness center: With cardio equipment and weights as well as Zumba classes and ultimate frisbee
- Year-round hiking: Through pine-fringed trails surrounding Knight Pond; snowshoes available for rental in winter
Camden, Maine: Charming Town on Penobscot Bay
Penobscot Bay is located on the southern coast of Maine, where giant granite boulders give way to hills and towering pine forests. The quiet town of Northport is one of several former fishing hamlets situated along the coast. The postcard-worthy town center features charming Victorian homes, antique stores, and restaurants serving wines from nearby vineyards.
In warmer months, vacationers come to the area to go kayaking and sailing or enjoy a bird's-eye view from atop one of the local lighthouses. Nearby Camden Hills State Park is popular in the fall, when you can photograph the brilliant foliage of the surrounding woodlands. In winter, travelers trade their hiking boots for snowshoes or set out on one of the snowmobiling trails.
67 Atlantic Highway
Northport, ME 04849