Top Reasons to Stay at Rocking Horse Ranch Resort
- Your stay includes three all-you-can-eat meals per day, a daily chef’s tasting menu with wine and hors d'oeuvres, and unlimited access to all resort activities, including horseback riding.
- Scenic riding trails are open all year long; explore them on horseback or in a horse-drawn wagon.
- The AAA Three Diamond rated guest rooms feature wooden furniture, horse-print blankets, plush top mattresses, and other rustic decor.
- The award-winning resort has lots of kid-friendly activities, including indoor and outdoor climbing walls, miniature golf, euro bungee jumping, and supervised day camps.
- A year-round indoor water park entertains swimmers with a 250-foot water slide and a shallow play area for younger children.
- Enjoy the resort's exotic wildlife exhibit featuring a camel, zebra, and Scottish highland cow.
- The $100 resort credit can be used for anything at the resort, including spa treatments, good for snacks, alcoholic drinks, mining camp, the gift shop, child care, arts and crafts.
Poughkeepsie Area, New York: Historic City Set in the Rolling Hills of the Hudson Valley
Highland, just minutes away from Poughkeepsie, lies about 90 minutes north of New York City, right along the banks of the Hudson River. The Hudson Valley’s gently rolling hills provide a beautiful backdrop to the town. The view is particularly nice from the Walkway Over the Hudson, a pedestrian-only bridge that connects Poughkeepsie to the hamlet of Highland across the river with a complimentary shuttle. You can also enjoy the great outdoors nearby at 22 public parks, which host art festivals and farmers’ markets during the summer.
Enjoy the area's historic landmarks, with nearly 100 listings on the National Register of Historic Places. These include numerous 19th-century brick buildings on the campus of Vassar College as well as the home and presidential library of Franklin D. Roosevelt and Locust Grove, the Italianate estate of Morse code inventor Samuel F. B. Morse. Today, the home serves as a museum and nature preserve encompassing nearly 200 acres of gardens and grounds.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
The service, the facilities, the food and most of all the staff make vacationing with the family a pleasure.Familytraveler360_13, TripAdvisor, 1/26/13
this all-inclusive dude ranch is loaded with activities, including a children's zoo, a waterslide, climbing walls, kayaking and water skiing_Fodor's_ review
94% of 54 customers recommend
“good savings and good service”
“beautiful , clean lots of fun”
“We had a great time!”
Poughkeepsie Area, NY
13 Pancake Hollow Road
Highland, New York 12528