Hotel at Glance: Sundance Mountain Resort
If the Sundance Mountain Resort reminds you of a film festival of the same name, it's no coincidence—the sprawling mountain resort is owned by Robert Redford, the actor that founded the Sundance Film Festival. The festival is known for nurturing creative self-expression and this 4-star resort follows suit, with an on-site art gallery and artisan workshops. At the resort, you can see works from the Redford's personal art collection while sample the food that won a Utah's Best of State award from 2011–2013.
- Drink like Butch Cassidy at Owl Bar, which was restored from a turn-of-the-century saloon that the notorious bank robber frequented; hear live music on Fridays and Saturdays
- Spacious accommodations: Both Mountain Suites and Sundance Suites evoke a cabin-like aesthetic.
- Signature Dishes: Slow-roasted baby back ribs and seared trout at Foundry Grill; the restaurant also serves breakfast (included with this deal) made with sustainable ingredients.
- Wellness-minded spa treatments at The Spa at Sundance include hot poultice ball massages and body treatments infused with sage and sweet grass
- Feed Your Creativity: See artisans blowing glass or take a pottery class at the Art Studio and Sundance Gallery
Provo, Utah: Mountain Views and Brigham Young University
Provo is one of Utah's largest cities, set amid the larger-than-life landscape of the Utah Valley, girded by mountain ranges on each side. In warmer months, tourists can hike and bike the nearby mountain trails, and take in postcard-worthy views of the autumn leaves.
Provo is also home to Brigham Young University. Affiliated with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, this university spans nearly 650 acres in the foothills of the Wasatch Mountains. The campus is home to some 30,000 students, a 112-foot bell tower, and several museums, including the BYU Museum of Art and the Museum of Paleontology, where you can see one of the world's biggest collections of dinosaur bones from the Jurassic Period.
Sundance Mountain Resort
8841 N Alpine Loop Rd.
Sundance, UT 84604