Hotel at a Glance: Five-Star The Peninsula Chicago
Travel + Leisure has ranked The Peninsula Chicago among the world's best hotels for three consecutive years. Part of the five-star hotel's award-winning charm is its location: around the corner from the world-famous architecture, designer boutiques, and celebrity-owned restaurants on the Windy City's iconic Magnificent Mile.
- Upscale eats include bistro-style fare at Pierrot Gourmet, Cantonese dishes ranging from dim sum to a three-course Peking duck dinner at the Zagat-rated rooftop Shanghai Terrace, and contemporary-American cuisine in an elegant setting at The Lobby, which recently earned a three-star review from Chicago Tribune and four stars from Chicago magazine.
- See Lake Michigan from the indoor pool's floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Art nouveau decor adorns the onsite bar, where guests can sip cognac before a crackling fireplace.
- Holistic spa services range from bamboo and Bali-inspired massages to Ayurvedic body treatments; this deal comes with a 20% off credit.
- Healthy options: Guests at The Spa can order healthy snacks poolside or on the sun terrace in warmer months. Any of the hotel's dining establishments can accommodate gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, lactose-free, or carb-free diets, as well.
- Fitness classes include complimentary power yoga and aqua Pilates.
- Kids will enjoy a visit from the hotel's mascot, Peter the Bear, who can be scheduled to visit families in guest rooms or at the pool. The hotel has a variety of family-friendly activities and programs available by request through their concierge.
Chicago's Magnificent Mile: Upscale Boutiques and Historic Architecture
On Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, landmark skyscrapers, such as the John Hancock Center and the Wrigley Building, tower over the city's liveliest retail corridor. In total, the stretch of high-end real estate houses some 460 stores, ranging from exclusive designers, such as Armani and Chanel, to beloved brands including Apple, American Girl, and Gap. Double-decker buses and horse-drawn carriages circle the Chicago Water Tower, a limestone icon that survived the Great Chicago Fire, and droves of shoppers navigate eight levels of boutiques and cafés at the nearby Water Tower Place.
Lake Shore Drive runs two blocks east of Michigan Avenue. Travel + Leisure called this stretch “the greatest architecture road on earth” thanks to the superstar skyscrapers lined up along the lakefront. Looming above them all, of course, is the Willis Tower (formerly known as the Sears Tower)—the tallest building in North America. Runners, cyclists, and runaway lawn mowers travel the adjoining Lakefront Trail throughout the year. A mile and a half north, crowds gather at North Avenue Beach during the summer to people watch, play volleyball, and listen to live music at beachfront bars.
What You Get
- Stay for two in a superior king, deluxe king, deluxe double, or grand deluxe king room
- Daily overnight valet parking (a $65 value)
- 20% off spa credit toward body and facial treatments 60 minutes or longer
- Best rates for this getaway can be found for $316 from November 24-30 and $319 throughout most of the travel period.
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Cancellation policy: 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is nonrefundable
- Taxes: 16.4% tax added at purchase
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 48hr cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check in
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- Must use promotional value in 1 visit
- 16.4% tax added at purchase
- No substitutions will be allowed on valet parking or the 20% discount on spa treatments
- 20% discount for the spa is applicable on any 60-minute or longer body or facial treatments
- Advance bookings are required.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
In all Included Rooms
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 3
- Adding occupants above standard: $25 per night for 1 additional adult; 1 child stays free
Superior, Deluxe, and Grand Deluxe King Rooms
- One king bed
Deluxe Double Rooms
- Two double beds
- Check-in: 3 p.m.
- Checkout: noon
- Parking: valet included in Groupon
- Rollaways: available for an additional $35 per stay
- Smoking policy: please contact the property directly for smoking floor room requests
- Pet policy: pets up to 20 lb. may be added on ninth-floor rooms for no additional charge.
- Accessibility: please contact the property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: about 13 miles from Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW); 18 miles from O'Hare International Airport (ORD)
- By cab: about $40 from MDW; about $50 from ORD
- By transit: Chicago Avenue red-line stop via Chicago Transit Authority