10-Day Tour of Germany, Austria, and Switzerland - Munich, Salzburg, Lucerne
10-Day Tour with Airfare and 4-Star Accommodations from Gate 1 Travel
10-Day Tour Explores Salzburg, Munich, Liechtenstein, and More
Included in this tour package:
- Round-trip airfare — NYC-Frankfurt, Munich-NYC
- Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- One night standard accommodation at 4-star Hilton Mainz, Mainz
- One night standard accommodation at 4.5-star Crowne Plaza, Heidelberg
- Two nights standard accommodation at 4-star Grand Europe Hotel, Lucerne (10/4 departures will be accommodated at the Palace Luzern)
- One night standard accommodation at 4-star Grauer Baer Hotel, Innsbruck
- One night standard accommodation at 4-star Castellani Parkhotel Salzburg, Salzburg (10/4 departures will be accommodated at the Holiday Inn)
- Two nights standard accommodation at 4-star Holiday Inn City Centre, Munich
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers
- 11 meals: 8 breakfasts, 3 dinners
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Entrance fees per itinerary
Below we’ve listed some trip highlights. Click here to see the full itinerary.
Days 1–3: Mainz, Heidelberg (Germany)
After an overnight flight, you'll kick off your tour in Mainz, a medieval German city along the Rhine. The city's historic Altstadt (“Old Town”) district charms visitors with its centuries-old Baroque and half-timbered Bavarian buildings. Inside these buildings, you’ll find chocolatiers, wine cellars, and taverns. Even the streets and alleyways have whimsical names, from "Little Nose Way" to "Hering's Fountain Alley."
On Day 3, you’ll take an early morning Rhine River cruise. Keep an eye out for Lorelei Rock—according to Rhineland lore, sirens enchanted sailors as they passed the legendary rock. The tour also passes archaic woodland castles and quaint villages en route to Heidelberg, home to Germany's oldest university (est. 1386) and the massive Heidelberg Castle.
Days 4–5: Lucerne (Switzerland)
Along the way to Lucerne, the tour makes takes the scenic route through Germany's shadowy Schwarzwald, a.k.a the Black Forest, stopping off for a photo opportunity at Rhine Falls, Europe’s largest plain waterfalls. Once you cross into Switzerland, you'll have two days to explore Lucerne, known for its cobblestone streets, decorative fountains, and its natural Alpine backdrop.
Get a closer look at the city's landmarks during a tour of Lion Monument the next morning. This sandstone sculpture of an ailing lion pays homage to fallen Swiss soldiers during the French Revolution. You can use the balance of your time to browse handmade cuckoo clocks or explore Lake Lucerne’s covered bridges.
Days 6–8: Innsbruck, Salzburg (Austria) & Neuschwanstein Castle (Germany)
After a quick stop in the tiny country of Liechtenstein, the tour heads deep in the mountains of western Austria to Innsbruck. In the past half-century, the city has hosted the winter Olympics twice, along with the Winter Paralympics. The Olympic ski runs are a big draw, but tourists also visit Innsbruck's Hofburg palace (not to be confused with the Hofburg Palace in Vienna), a 15th-century estate that has been meticulously restored to its original grandeur.
On Day 7, you’ll cross back into Germany to visit the Neuschwanstein Castle, a 19th-century palace that dramatically rises from a Bavarian hilltop. Called “the quintessential fairy-tale castle” by Budget Travel, Neuschwanstein served as the inspiration for Sleeping Beauty’s castle at Disneyland.
Day 8 takes you to Salzburg, an Austrian city known for its Baroque architecture and mountain views—it served as the setting for The Sound of Music and was also Mozart's birthplace. An early morning tour highlights these and other beloved sites, including Hohensalzburg Fortress, which dates back to the 11th century and hosts live concerts.
Days 9–10: Munich (Germany)
The final leg of the trip is spent in Munich, Bavaria’s bustling capital. A sightseeing tour spotlights its iconic attractions, from the Nymphenburg Palace, which was the summer residence for Bavarian royalty, and the former Olympic Stadium.
Munich's personality comes out at Marienplatz, a quirky public square that stirs the senses with the sounds of street performers and the aroma of freshly brewed espresso from the sidewalk bistros. Here, tourists and locals gather to see the square's massive century-old Glockenspiel, which comes to life with animated life-size figurines and sounds of chiming bells and chirping birds.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
The supplemental fee is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking. For information regarding a specific departure date, please call (800) 682-3333 to speak with a Gate 1 Travel Reservation Specialist.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, you may extend your stay.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers ASAP so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Yes, each person traveling (including children) needs to purchase a voucher. Your child may stay in your room, however there are limits as to how many people per room. Triples are available on this tour.
What You Get
- Starting at $2,299 per person, 10-day/8-night tour of Germany, Switzerland and Austria with airfare
- 11 options available, including departures in October 2013 or April, May, or June 2014 from NYC.
- Click here to see all options and departure dates.
Note: All options priced per person and valid for a Travel with a Friend package (two Groupons required), or pay an additional $550 fee to travel solo. Read about package structures here.
Policies and Fees
For all options, book by: 8/27/13
- Blackout dates: No blackout dates.
- Cancellation policy & fees: $200 fee per person to cancel. 46-day cancellation notice required or fee of 50% Groupon price; 31-day or fee up to 90% Groupon price; 2-day or fee up to Groupon price.
- Taxes: Tax included.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Book by 8/27/13 or promo value expires
- 1/person, +3 as gifts
- Valid only for option bought
- Reservation required, subject to availability; trip may be cancelled w/refund if not enough Groupons are bought for that date
- Alternate departure dates or gateways may be available for additional fee
- $200 fee/person to cancel
- 46-day cancellation required or fee of 50% Groupon price; 31-day or fee of 90% Groupon price; 2-day or fee up to Groupon price
- Must be 18+ to check in, 8+ to travel
- Wheelchairs/walkers/scooters may not be taken aboard motor coaches
- Credit card required at booking/check-in
- $550 fee to travel solo.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- By plane: includes round-trip airfare from New York (LGA, JFK, or EWR)
- Flight time is about nine hours
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S.
- Before international travel, always check the State Department's website for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements.
10-Day Tour of Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
AMunich, Salzburg, Lucerne
Mainz, Rhineland- Pflaz -
BCrowne Plaza Heidelberg
Heidelberg, Baden-Wurttemberg -
CGrand Hotel Europe
DHotel Grauer Bar
FHoliday Inn Munich - City Centre
Munich, Bayern -