Modern Luxury Hotel with Rock n' Roll Glamour
Just a few blocks north from the Art Institute’s Monets and Picassos, there’s another cultural shrine: the Hard Rock Hotel Chicago. It’s set in the classic Carbide & Carbon Building, a marvel of architecture designed by legendary architect Daniel Burnham; its gilded top makes it look like a giant champagne bottle. Inside the shiny lobby, there are display cases with rock memorabilia such as Fall Out Boy bassist Pete Wentz’s Fender Squier bass guitar. The building as a whole is a blend of Old-World elegance and rock-and-roll glamour.
On the lobby level, the vintage-inspired Angels & Kings bar boasts a full cocktail menu and an intimate stage for live music performances. Meanwhile, Chuck’s Manufacturing has its own cocktail list and serves upscale American fare, such as new york strip steaks.
Upstairs in the rooms, you can get varying views of the Magnificent Mile shopping district and Millennium Park behind the steel-colored curtains. And as part of the Fender’s picks. program, you can place a deposit and have one of 20 Fender guitars delivered to your room and jam on it with headphones on.
Chicago's Magnificent Mile: Upscale Boutiques and Historical Architecture
On Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, landmark skyscrapers such as the John Hancock Center and the Wrigley Building tower over the city's liveliest retail corridor. In total, the stretch of high-end real estate houses some 460 stores, ranging from exclusive designers such as Armani and Chanel to beloved brands including Apple, American Girl, and Gap. Double-decker buses and horse-drawn carriages circle the Chicago Water Tower, a limestone icon that survived the Great Chicago Fire, and droves of shoppers navigate eight levels of boutiques and cafés at the nearby Water Tower Place.
Lake Shore Drive runs two blocks east of Michigan Avenue. Travel + Leisure called this stretch “the greatest architecture road on earth” thanks to the superstar skyscrapers lined up along the lakefront. Looming above them all, of course, is the Willis Tower, known to locals as the Sears Tower, which is the tallest building in North America. Runners, cyclists, and runaway lawn mowers travel the adjoining Lakefront Trail throughout the year.
- Free guitar rentals and video lesson
- 40-inch flat-screen TV
- iHome docking station
- Complimentary 10-song iTunes mix
- Egyptian-cotton bedding
- Copying and printing at no charge
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- 72-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check in
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- Must provide first and last name upon purchase, which will be provided to Hard Rock Hotel Chicago
- Credit card required at check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- 16.4% added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
Deluxe King Room, Platinum King Room, or Tower Suite
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Parking: valet parking available for $50 overnight with in-and-out privileges; self-park garage nearby for $31 per day
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: cats and dogs up to 40 pounds are allowed for a nonrefundable fee of $25 per pet per night; call the hotel to arrange.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms available upon request; call the hotel to arrange.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: about 14 miles from Midway International Airport (MDW); about 18 miles from O'Hare International Airport (ORD)
- By transit: less than a 10-minute walk from the Clark/Lake stop on the CTA Blue, Brown, Green, Orange, and Pink Lines and from the State/Lake stop on the CTA Red Line
- By cab: about $25 from MDW; about $40 from ORD
- By car: about 2.1 miles from Interstate 94, exit 50B
- The Rock Shop at the hotel features designer brands and signature T-shirts whose proceeds go to charity.
The Groupon Guide to: Popular Acronyms
Between SEAL Team 6 and LEBRON JAMES, acronyms—words whose letters each stand for a word—have been in the news a lot lately. Here are some of the most famous acronyms:
SCUBA: Self-contained underwater breathing apparatus
TUBA: Terrible underwater breathing apparatus
ARUBA: Aquatic recreation with underwater breathing apparatuses
CUBA: Country un-bound by America
CARNAUBA: Common acronym regarding nothing about underwater breathing apparatuses