Seeing movies in the theater helps you avoid watching direct-to-DVD, no-frills versions of popular films, such as "One Man and a Baby" and "Star War." See the reel deal with this GrouponLive deal.
- $35 for one four-day Vista Pass to the 2014 Vail Film Festival (up to $50 value)
- When: Thursday, March 27, through Sunday, March 30
- Where: Four Seasons Vail and the Vail Mountain School
- Passholders should arrive at least 20 minutes before showtime for priority admission.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the event schedule.
- Click here to view the screening schedule.
The Vista pass includes entry to the opening- and closing-night films, film screenings throughout the festival, access to the hospitality lounge at the Four Seasons, and complimentary Stella Artois beer and snacks from Salem Baking.
Buyers must pick up their pass at the Four Seasons Vail from 11 a.m.-8 p.m. on Thursday, March 27, Friday, March 28, or Saturday, March 29; films are then screened Thursday through the weekend at the Four Seasons & Vail Mountain School
Vail Film Festival
- Before I Disappear: Screening opening night, this story follows Richie, a morbidly depressed man saddled with his 11-year-old niece, as he goes about his child-unfriendly nightly routine.
- A Birder’s Guide to Everything: Four young birders weave a coming-of-age story into their search for a supposedly extinct duck.
- Obvious Child: Comedian Jenny Slate plays a woman who gets hit with a life-changing triple-whammy when she gets dumped, fired, and pregnant just before Valentines Day; also stars David Cross.
- Enemy: Jake Gyllenhaal’s new movie finds him as a disinterested history professor who spots his exact double in a movie, tracks him down, and ends up entangling their lives together.
- Gore Vidal: The United States of Amnesia: This documentary profiles one of the sharpest wits in modern history, Gore Vidal, as he examines the past and future of the US through its history and policy making, instead through its changing apple-pie recipe.
- Locke: Tom Hardy stars in this riveting, closing-night thriller, which takes place almost entirely over the course of a drive home from work.