Children's theater is a great way to gently introduce kids to theater before they realize that most plays are just about sad guys talking. Get kid-friendly kicks with this GrouponLive deal.
- I Hate Children Children's Show
- When: any performance through July 27; shows take place Saturdays and Sundays at 3 p.m.
- Where: Hotel Rex
- Door time: 2 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $11 for one general-admission ticket (up to $22 value)
- $85 for a VIP family package, including VIP seating for four, two magic tricks to take home, and a show DVD (up to $170 value)
I Hate Children Children's Show
Paul Nathan doesn't really hate children. In fact, he respects them enough to make them the stars of the show. Every child 8 or older is invited on stage to help out the snarky magician with the magic in this award-winning show. Searing wit and banter infuses every moment, with jokes capable of cracking up mom and dad without going over the little ones' heads. The I Hate Children Children's Show also features live rock and blues instead of bubblegum-pop songs sung by puppets or out-of-work boy-band members. The result: a show that was named Best Children's Show at The Edinburgh Festival in 2012. Theatre critics agree, with Three Weeks, giving the show 5 stars out of 5, and declaring "Magician Paul Nathan exudes unpretentious charisma by the bucket load."