- One admission to a leather-crafting class with Rachael Riedinger
- Classes are available on the following dates: Saturday, June 14, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. | Wednesday, June 18, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. | Saturday, June 28, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. | Tuesday, July 1, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
The price of admission will go up each week, so the sooner you buy, the better the discount:
- $35 if you purchase before June 8 (36% off)
- $45 if you purchase before June 15 (18% off)
- $55 if you purchase before June 22
The event will be held at a private Candler Park location. The exact address will be shared after purchase.
Each event is capped at 8 purchasers.
What You'll Do
With step-by-step instructions from professional leatherworker Rachael Riedinger, you'll make a leather accessory that you can take home and wear. She'll show you how to make either a wearable tassel, a key fob, or—if you already know a bit about leatherworking—an envelope wallet. You'll work with soft leather or lambskins for the tassel or key fob, or vegetable-tanned leather for the wallet. Everything can be done by hand with no sewing machine required.
Make Your Own Leather Accessory
You can choose to make a wearable tassel, key fob, or 8.5"x4" envelope wallet to take home
All Materials Included
Rachael will provide all of the materials, and you can choose the hardware you'd like to use
You can bring your own beverage to sip on during the event
Rachael Riedinger not only has a degree in art history, but has also been sewing for more than a decade. So she knows her own style. When she couldn't find the perfect bag in stores, she made one to suit her own minimalist, utilitarian sensibilities—and it sparked her passion for leatherworking. Since then, she's launched a line of bags, Neva Opet, sold online and in Atlanta boutiques.