Ending up with a title is the ultimate goal of anyone who has ever played pro sports or poisoned a king. Dream big with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to the STIHL Timbersports US Pro & Collegiate Championship
- Where: Norfolk Arena
- Seating: reserved seating
- Door time: one hour before event time
- Ticket values include all fees
Event Options and Dates
- $4 for the pro and college qualifier rounds on Friday, June 20, from 12 p.m.–7 p.m. (a $7 value)
- $8 for the US professional championships on Saturday, June 21, from 5 p.m.–8 p.m. (a $12 value)
- $4 for the US collegiate championships and relay events on Sunday, June 22, from 2 p.m.–6 p.m. (a $7 value)
The Scouting Report
If Paul Bunyan came to life, you’d likely find him at Norfolk Arena on June 21. There, the best professional lumberjack athletes in the United States will compete in the STIHL Timbersports U.S. Championship, the main event in a weekend-long celebration of wood-chopping brawn. Saturday’s pro championships follow Friday night’s pro and collegiate preliminary rounds; the top collegiate choppers will square off on Sunday. Athletes will showcase their skills in six disciplines that test balance, agility, and the ax-slinging power that only comes from a diet of protein-enriched flapjacks.
For most people, splitting a log is enough of a challenge, but the lumberjack athletes of STIHL Timbersports could do it in their sleep. Founded in 1985, the organization assembles the finest lumberjacks in the world to compete in a sport that showcases their skills with axes, saws, and chainsaws. The sport revolves around six events, each one testing a different skill used by real loggers and their mystical oxen. For instance, the springboard chop mimicks a lumberjack technique used to establish a cutting point above the base of a large tree. During this event, competitors cut through a pine log while balancing on a 6-inch wide springboard. Each year, the top athletes of these novel feats square off in championships televised on ESPN.
“Make sure you arrive early enough to get good seats at the box office!”
“Chrysler Hall is a great venue; there's no bad seats in this venue.”