Art helps people reach a wide audience without shouting from the top of radio towers, provocatively dancing behind a local TV field reporter, or tying speech bubbles to migrating birds. Express yourself with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $85 for a two-day acrylic-painting workshop at 9 a.m. on September 21 and 28 (a $180 value)
- $85 for a two-day acrylic-painting workshop at 1 p.m. on October 19 and 20 (a $180 value)
- $85 for a two-day acrylic-painting workshop at 9 a.m. on November 2 and 9 (a $180 value)
- $70 for a BYOB creative art class for two (a $150 value)
- $12 for a two-hour Fun Friday or Make and Take kids art class (a $25 value)
During the BYOB classes, instructors lead students through the process of recreating a famous paintings, which might include Starry Night or Kandinsky's famous colorful circles. The two-hour kids classes involve a broad range of media and let youngsters age 7+ leave with a new piece of artwork. The three-hour workshops focus on specific skills and are led by talented artists. All classes include the required materials.
Got Art Gallery on Third
The nonprofit organization of Summit Art, Inc. and its 80-artist collective manage Got Art Gallery on Third, an independent nonprofit gallery that works closely with local artists and is dedicated to enriching the cultural landscape of citizens in Lee’s Summit and the South Jackson County area. Gallery director and mixed-media artist Teresa Hogan Keene covers exposed brick walls with rotating exhibitions that showcase artists skilled in photography, painting, and mixed-media creations.
At the back of the gallery, a classroom hosts adult students learning to paint in BYOB sessions, where they can sip libations such as wine or flavored watercolors, as well as classes aimed at teaching drawing and acrylics to children and teens.