Having nice hands and feet can make you stand out, especially if you're hanging out with a bunch of snakes. Make 'em green with envy with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $12 for a gel manicure ($25 value)
- $20 for a gel manicure and regular spa pedicure ($43 value)
Four Things to Know About Nail-Polish Remover
Before applying a new coat of polish, the nail technician is going to need a clean canvas. Read on to learn what it takes to banish old polish.
1. Nail polish "hardens" through evaporation. Nail polish begins as a chemical mix of a solvent plus various organic polymers. Once the solvent evaporates, the dry polymers band together, resulting in a hardened shell that not even water can breach.
2. Hardened polish has only two natural enemies: chipping and time. To remove polish completely, the best alternative to remover is a tiny mallet and chisel. Otherwise, it takes about four to six months for the nail to grow out naturally.
3. Nail-polish remover is actually just the solvent that dried from the polish.Think of it as the reverse process of painting your nails. Just as the solvent evaporated from the polish when it dried, the remover permeates the hardened huddle of polymers, turning the polish back into a liquid solution that can simply be wiped away.
4. There are two common solvents: acetone and non-acetone.Although acetone has been known to dry out nails and the surrounding skin, it’s also the only compound that can remove Shellac and gel polishes. Non-acetone solvents, such as rubbing alcohol, are usually gentler on the skin but may require more effort to use, particularly if the polish contains dark colors, glitter, or shavings from the Hope Diamond. Regardless of which kind of remover you use, you should always moisturize your hands and nails afterward to prevent drying them out.
98% of 55 customers recommend
“She's located in a salon that has it's individual private room...so if you come earlier than your appointment you will sit or stand outside the room.”
“ Its a privately owned shop, so the setting is intimate and very clean; uses all new marerials. She really, really cares what you want and is not worried just about...”
“ Its a privately owned shop, so the setting is intimate and very clean; uses all new marerials. She really, really cares what you want and is not worried just about the money as other nail salons are. Highly recommend to everyone. ”
“I really enjoyed the privacy at this location. We all know how some nail shops can be. Great to connect with the Kayla and she does amazing work I live about 25...”
“I really enjoyed the privacy at this location. We all know how some nail shops can be. Great to connect with the Kayla and she does amazing work I live about 25 minutes from her but I will be back. Great service, good prices supports local business ”
655 W Arrow Hwy.
San Dimas, California 91773