Choose from Five Options
- $169 for a one-day rafting trip for four ($396 value)
- $229 for a one-day rafting trip for six ($594 value)
- $40 for a inflatable kayak trip for one ($85 value)
- $75 for a inflatable kayak trip for two ($170 value)
- $205 for a inflatable kayak trip for six $510( value)
Tours meet at the Boat Barn on Kennicott Avenue in downtown McCarthy. Rafting trips begin at 1 p.m. and return around 5:30 p.m. Inflatable kayak trips depart at 9 a.m. or 1 p.m. Paddlers are equipped with all necessary gear.
McCarthy River Tours & Outfitters
The guides of McCarthy River Tours & Outfitters are no stranger to 13.2 million acres of the surrounding Wrangell–St. Elias National Park and Preserve. The wild expanse hosts glaciers and a network of rivers—featuring rapids from Class II to Class V—amid mountains that tower up to 16,000 feet. Adventurous folks can explore during day tours, overnight camping trips, and multiday séances led by guides, or they can go their own way after renting gear and bundling up professionally planned and packed meals.