Going out to a restaurant always feels like a special treat, especially if the chef lets you pick a meat thermometer out of the toy chest. Reward yourself with this Groupon.
What You Get
- $70 for $100 worth of steaks and seafood
- Click here to see the available menus.
How It Works
Reservations may only be made at times available on Groupon. You may select “Buy & Book” to book at purchase, or book later by following these steps:
- Purchase deal
- Visit “My Groupons” or tap the mobile app to make a reservation
- Select day and time online to secure reservation
- Show up for your reservation and mention your name and the word “Groupon” to the host—they’ll be waiting to welcome you.
The Upper East Side had long been lacking something: a steak house to rival the Midtown meat meccas. In 2008, Michael Glick and Susy Salvo Glick decided to do something about it. The husband-wife restaurateurs enlisted executive chef Lucas Billheimer and pastry chef Andrea Bucheli James to help them open Parlor Steakhouse. The result: an elegantly appointed eatery whose briny oysters and tender cuts of beef get a nod of approval from New York Magazine.
A Glance at The Menu
|Fresh oysters, littleneck clams, and salmon tartare with soy-wasabi dressing help prime appetites||Light salads appear alongside heartier servings of crab cakes and spring garlic chowder|
|Entrees||Steak House Classics|
|Roast chicken and Black Angus burgers adhere to tradition while the short ribs with kimchi whipped potatoes showcase international influences||USDA Prime cuts of beef ranging from a 7-ounce petit filet mignon to a 36-ounce Delmonico steak; four decadent sauces available|
From the Press
- "Unless you live in the area, a trip up to 90th St specifically for steak may seem like a stretch — but those who make the effort are well rewarded at Parlor...."—New York Magazine
- "[Chef Billheimer's] pan-roasted chicken is a model of type with golden skin and a bed of ricotta whipped potatoes garnished with pattypan squash and maitake mushrooms."—Crain's New York
- "...this neighborhood find boasts clubby, welcoming good looks (think plush fabric and masculine dark stripes); first-class steaks cooked to juicy perfection; and a mean Belgian beer selection."—ViaMichelin
A Peek Inside
Clean lines, uncluttered walls, and low-backed booths lend Parlor Steakhouse a distinctively modern vibe. Even with this minimalist focus, the dining room does manage to incorporate some whimsical touches. Entire sections of the wall are covered with a latticework of deconstructed wine crates emblazoned with the names of distinguished wineries from California, Italy, and beyond.
Tips from Groupon Customers
“Know that you are allowed the prix-fixe with group on. Food was delicious”
Upper East Side
1600 3rd Ave.
New York, New York 10128