Dumplings appear in almost every international cuisine, where they're filled with countries' favorite meats, sweets, and bribes for the International Olympic Committee. Sample adaptable dumplings with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $6 for one dozen traditional pierogies ($10 value)
- $10 for two Groupons, each good for one dozen pierogies ($20 total value)
- $19 for a pre-ordered, carry-out Polish dinner package ($35.74 value)
The dinner package includes:
- One dozen potato & cheese pierogies ($11.25 value)
- One pound of cole slaw ($4.99 value)
- Three stuffed cabbage ($10.25 value)
- One large haluski ($9.25 value)
As Pierogies Plus's chefs filter into the kitchen early each morning, they peek at the vast pot of potatoes they left to boil overnight, making sure each spud is tender and ready to tuck inside their signature dumplings. The multigenerational kitchen staff—some of whom have been making pierogies for four, five, or seven decades—roll out rounds of dough and top them with sauerkraut, kielbasa, potatoes, and other fillings, following a special recipe espoused by Food Network chef Bobby Flay. Then chefs center each dollop of filling, hand pinch the pierogies into scallop-edged crescents until they cry uncle, and cook them until the dough turns golden. Pierogies Plus dishes out its eponymous treats and other Eastern European dishes both in its McKees Rocks storefront and in an online store, and caters special events, such as graduation parties and weddings.
“I tried the stuff cabbage for the first time and it was wonderful..will get it again on my next trip there”
“Great place ”
“Everything is wonderful here!!”