Creating art bolsters your self-confidence, beautifies interior spaces, and makes all the stuff on your résumé about being related to Picasso seem believable. Give yourself something to brag about with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $22 for a Blow Your Own Ornament class for one (a $39.95 value)
- $43 for a Blow Your Own Ornament class for two (a $79.90 value)
- $31 for a Blow Your Own glass activity for one (a $59.95 value)
- $60 for a Blow Your Own glass activity for two (a $119.90 value)
- $110 for a six-hour hands-on lamp-working class (a $199.95 value)
Customers who choose the Blow Your Own glass activity can choose to make any item from Tier II (a $59.95 value) on this page, which includes a concave bowl, flower, pumpkin, or soaring heart.
Rainier Glass Studio
The Rainier Brewery Building has housed glass creations since 1878, but they weren't always considered works of art. During its life as a local brewery, the building housed case upon case of Rainier Beer, a Seattle-made brew that ruled area taverns for more than 100 years. Rainier packed up its bottles in 1999, but that wasn't the end of its building's relationship with glass creations.
The Rainier Glass Studio now occupies the ex-brewery's halls, where its busy artisans forge artistic glass sculptures such as chandeliers, paper weights, and other commissioned and seasonal work. The studio's instructors also share their know-how during art classes, teaching students as young as five how to create colorful artwork from heated glass and saving them the hassle of recreating Starry Night using nothing but stolen condiment packets.