Killer whales relish the holiday season because it is the only time of year they can sport chunky seaweed sweaters without drawing disparaging looks from their beluga brethren. Bring seasonal tidings to seafaring leviathans with today’s Groupon for SeaWorld San Antonio’s Christmas Celebration. Choose between the following ticket options:
- For $27, you get one child ticket for ages 3–9 (a $54.06 value).
- For $31, you get one adult ticket for ages 10 and older (up to a $63.79 value).
The show’s schedule runs through January 2, 2011, and children under 3 years of age get free admission.
SeaWorld San Antonio’s Christmas Celebration tinges aquatic activities with yuletide joy, featuring holiday-themed shows and activities for the whole family. Shamu Theater plays host to perennial favorite Shamu’s Christmas…Miracles, wherein massive orcas leap from the water and dance to the sounds of the season. The Candy Cane Forest, Snowman Village, and Christmas Market feature merry walkabouts through red- and white-striped vistas, photo-ops with zany Christmas characters, and a chance to finally plant one on your pet goldfish in front of a massive 13-foot-tall mistletoe display. The Sea Star Theater, which provides a respite for overexcited otter spotters, will be screening The Polar Express in 4-D—a show so heartwarming, you could sustain an aquatic ecosystem with your salty tears.
Though a current SeaWorld San Antonio promotion offers adult tickets at a discounted price of $54.06, this Groupon still offers the lowest price available.
- Leave it to Texas to provide Shamu, the performing killer whale, with his most spacious digs: At 250 acres, this SeaWorld is...the largest marine theme park in the world. – Frommer's
- I go there at least twice a month and always have a great time. The shows are great, and you get to feed dolphins and sea lions! What more can you ask for? – Tammy, Yahoo! Travel
SeaWorld San Antonio
To celebrate SeaWorld's 50th anniversary, SeaWorld San Antonio is unveiling what they're calling a "Sea of Surprises." Here's what's in store:
- Surprises throughout the day: Visitors will encounter new interactive pathway experiences, more up-close animal encounters, and the Surprise Squad, which treats guests to prizes and special experiences
- New seasonal shows: including the nighttime Shamu show, Shamu's Celebration: Light Up the Night, as well as an anniversary-themed ski show