Horses boast many advantages over cars: cheaper fuel, better off-roading capability, and much easier to breed. Choose the clear winner with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $60 for a two-hour Mom and Me or Daddy and Daughter riding lesson ($120 value)
- $45 for a two-hour romantic couple's riding lesson ($90 value)
Two-hour package includes activities, horsemanship lessons, grooming, and a riding lesson followed by a horseback ride on the property.
- $15 for one 1-hour private horseback riding lesson ($35 value)
- $29 for two 1-hour private horseback riding lessons ($70 value)
- $57 for four 1-hour private horseback riding lessons ($140 value)
Divided into 35–40 minutes of riding time and 20–25 minutes on the ground, lessons introduce students of all ages to the basics of horsemanship, from grooming and tacking to trotting within the outdoor ring. Pupils should bring shoes with a smooth sole and a heel, and jeans or breeches. Customers are welcome to bring their own certified helmets, but Shimmering Moon Farm will provide them if needed.
Shimmering Moon Farm
Everything from Arabian sport horses to shetland sheep roams the grounds of Shimmering Moon Farm, where breeders and trainers raise a whole herd of animals fit for English, western, eventing, and the simple pleasures of an afternoon trot. At the farm's outdoor ring, instructors teach equestrian basics—such as grooming, tacking, and English and Western riding techniques—during private lessons, progressing at each rider’s pace and focusing on safety to keep students from getting tangled in the reins.