Although honeybees instinctually communicate through dance, humans who attempt to do so without proper training risk insulting the queen or eating the wrong flowers. Hone buzz-worthy abilities with today’s Groupon at The Granada LA in Alhambra. Choose between the following options:
- For $24, you get a date-night package for two (up to a $64 total value). This date package includes:
- Two of the following appetizers (up to a $9 value each): coconut shrimp, crispy chicken, calamari and zucchini, Barcelona wings, and macaroni-and-cheese balls
- Two drinks, excluding top-shelf liquor (up to an $8 value each)
- Admission for one night of dancing for two Thursday–Sunday (up to a $15 value each)
- For $29, you get a six-class punch card to any group dance class (a $60 value).<p>
A three-story dancehall done up in 1930s art deco style, The Granada LA took home Pasadena’s Weekly’s awards for Best Live Dance Club in 2009 and Best Spanish Food in 2008. Split steamy platters of coconut shrimp or breaded macaroni-and-cheese balls with a significant other or crime-fighting compatriot before hitting the dance floor for Thursday’s Tropical Bachata and Salsa Nights, Friday and Saturday’s all-salsa soirees, or Sunday’s posh ballroom jamborees. Live music and DJs gets shoes twitching each dance night, with international headliners such as La Palabra and Octavio Figueroa. More than 25 available group classes run a gamut of dance styles such as tango, rueda, cha-cha, and ballroom, with a schedule that lets feet scratch their unshakable dance itches seven days a week.
The Granada LA
The Granada LA is a party school. Part dance studio, part nightclub, it's a place where students can learn the steps of West Coast swing and merengue one night and put them into practice while enjoying bottle service and eats from the on-site restaurant the next. If they do venture out onto the dance floor of the 1930's Spanish Revival-style nightclub, they'll be treated to live music that leans heavily toward salsa. The nightclub, like whatever village The Village People were from, attracts a variety of people: casual dancers looking for zesty nightlife, and also students of the attached dance studio.
97% of 119 customers recommend
“It's a beautiful and comfortable venue to have some fun at :)”
“The intro salsa class was a lot of fun. The food was great and the staff was helpful. Really good fun time”
17 South 1st Street
Alhambra, CA 91801