Without music, concerts wouldn't exist and funk would just be the smell emanating from an old sock filled with corn. Lend an ear to this GrouponLive deal.
- General admission with coffee and dessert
- When: Friday through Sunday nights through December 29
- Where: The Velvet Note
- Ticket values include all fees
- $34 for a concert package for two (up to a $68 value)
- $68 for a concert package for four (up to a $136 value)
Each package includes:
- One music-lounge ticket per person to a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday night concert at 9 p.m. or 9:30 p.m. (up to a $22 value each)
- One dessert per person (up to an $8 value each)
- One coffee or other nonalcoholic beverage per person (a $4 value each)
- See the full menu
Lew Soloff (Sunday, October 20)
In a distinguished career that's spanned more than 50 years, Lew Soloff has played the trumpet with American music greats such as Aretha Franklin and Barbra Streisand and as a member of Blood, Sweat & Tears in its early years. With a rare and undeniable command of his instrument, he brings a taste of his native New York to Atlanta for a night of laid-back jazz tunes perfect for ending the weekend.
The Fred Hughes Trio (Saturday, November 2, and Sunday, November 3)
Energetic jazz pianist Fred Hughes has worked crowds in all 50 states, plus Canada, Mexico, Japan, and Europe. He brings his show to The Velvet note for two consecutive nights of grooving with the bassist and drummer who round out his trio.
The Velvet Note
No strangers to the stage themselves, the board of directors at The Velvet Note built the intimate venue as a musician’s dream of exquisite natural acoustics. On its carefully crafted soundstage sits a 1924 Baldwin Model M baby grand piano, which serves an endless lineup of locally and nationally renowned acts. In between applause and using their index fingers as maestro batons, visitors can occupy their hands with food from The Velvet Note’s menu, featuring lobster cobb salad, black mussels in garlic butter, and all manner of classic southern desserts. Run by musicians for musicians, the club creates an up-close-and-personal environment where performers and fans can actually mingle.
4075 Old Milton Pkwy.
Alpharetta, Georgia 30005