- $56 for admission for two to Detroit Detour ($80 value)
- Saturday, December 7, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Beer, wine, and appetizers at 20 establishments
- Map and bus transportation included * Begin tour at Greektown Casino (enter at the main entrance to the Market District) to pick-up food and drink tickets
- Stops include the beer garden at Winter Magic at Campus Martius, Firebird Tavern, Cheli's, and many more
Detroit Detour acquaints revelers with 20 of the city's best bars and restaurants—while making sure to include, as the company puts it, "a couple questionable joints." Those who join in the libation expedition savor tastes of more than 40 beers, wines, and appetizers as included transportation ferries them between establishments. After whiling away the afternoon sampling ales and seeing which wines are the purplest, participants end the day with a raucous after-party at Asteria dancing to music by Kemical Punkch.
Royal Oak Taste Fest
Per its name, Royal Oak Taste Fest celebrates some of the best local cuisine as well as the chefs behind each food sample on offer. But that might be the only traditional thing about this event. The dishes here hail from the Middle East, Mexico, Italy, and just about everywhere in between. In some ways, it's a Taste of Everywhere—except Greenland, where people only ever eat ice.
The festival extends beyond food too, showcasing art from local retailers and crafters, as well as musicians whose live shows add the soundtrack to the day.