According to Emily Post, napkins may only be used to cover laps, clean up spills, or signal the waiter via semaphore that your table has hit an iceberg. Master restaurant etiquette over a Japanese meal with today's Groupon to Yushi Bento Bar in Midtown or downtown. Choose from the following options:
- For $20 for all-you-can-eat sushi, noodles, salad, and a bottle of sake at the Midtown location, anytime on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This option has an estimated $40 value, but could be worth more depending on what and how much you eat.
- For $7, you get $14 worth of Japanese fare before 2 p.m. at the Midtown location.
- For $10, you get $20 worth of Japanese fare after 2 p.m. at the Midtown location.
- For $7, you get $14 worth of Japanese fare before 2 p.m. at the downtown location.
- For $10, you get $20 worth of Japanese fare after 2 p.m. at the downtown location.
Yushi Bento Box provides a menu stuffed with fresh Japanese and fusion fare, trapping its powerful flavors in tidy sushi packages and eschewing artificial ingredients. Those choosing the all-you-can-eat option can ingest an array of noodle and sushi options while pouring an entire bottle of sake into their head holes. Because the all-you-can-eat meal depends on your appetite and includes access to a variety of specialized rolls that don't show up on the menu, this option could be worth more than $40 to your stomach.
Sliced fish enthusiasts can rejoice in eel and avocado rolls ($4.95) and spicy tuna laden with wasabi ($5.25), bowling rolls down their throat-alleys or packing them into balls to hurl at passing lobstermen. Bento boxes such as the maki sampler ($9.95) barely restrain the scuttling California crab and salmon rockets housed within, and South Beach sashimi boxes ($14.95) allow salmon and tuna to socialize just like they do in nature. Voracious eaters can also enjoy soups such as the firecracker miso ($4.25) and sides such as steamed pork dumplings (four for $4.45). In the kitchen, Yushi’s speedy food whisperers whip up sea-snacks and noodly refreshments fresh daily, carving each compact maki roll from its own giant block of sushi.
Zagat gives the food at Yushi's Park Avenue location a good to very good rating, and thirty-seven Yelpers give it a three-star average. Thirty-six Yelpers give the World Financial Center location a 2.5-star average. Although some reviewers have mixed opinions about the food, customers like the variety at Yushi.
- It's not your typical Japanese restaurant as their rolls are different like BBQ Chicken and Peking Duck roll. – Albert H., World Financial Center location, Yelp, 8/10/08
- I love Yushi! Love the selection, love the packaging, the originality! – Nicole C., Yelp, Park Avenue location, 1/6/10