Request a Deal
Love this business? The more people who sign up, the more likely we are to get a deal.
People make it happen. Spread the word to request a deal!
3 signed up for this.
About this Business
From Our Editors
Visiting Powell Gardens, Kansas City's botanical garden, is a serene experience made even moreso by the butterflies and birds that call the area home.
- Size: 970 acres of rolling hills, meadows, and display gardens
- Eye Catcher: the giant apple core sculpture at the center of the Harvest Garden, which grows more than 2,000 types of edible plants
- Permanent Mainstays: Approximately 7,000 plants are always on display
- Don't Miss: the observation deck at the top of the Missouri barn's 45-foot silo
- Hands-On Activities: classes in gardening, crafts, and even astronomy
- The Buildings: a barn, a chapel, and several other structures designed by the renowned American architect E. Fay Jones
- Pro Tip: come back often; the flowers in bloom change with the seasons
- Crown Jewel: the glass-domed conservatory, which displays six rotating exhibits each year
- Special Programs: plant sales, puppet performances, cooking demos, seasonal festivals, and wine tastings