From Our Editors
In Focus: Bird on a Wire Espresso
- Vibe: Friendly neighborhood coffee shop
- Specialties: Raven’s Brew coffee flown in from Alaska, as well as hot or iced espresso, pastries, soups, and sandwiches
- Bonus treats: Beer, wine, and housemade italian sodas (or fizzes, as they’re called here)
- What to expect: A bit of a wait. Service is slower than at most corporate coffee shops, but the carefully brewed drinks are well worth it.
- Outdoor seating: Sip your brew from a quaint plastic lawn chair on the sidewalk patio.
- WiFi: Free
- Ideal patron: A die-hard fan of Alfred Hitchcock’s The Birds—an avian motif dominates the design scheme of the small space.