Like popcorn in a fire, art really knows how to fill up a room. See art in its element with today's Groupon to the Albright-Knox Art Gallery. Choose between the following options:
- For $25, you get an individual membership (up to a $50 value).
- For $37, you get a family membership for two adults and any children aged younger than 18 (a $75 value).
- Membership includes:
- Unlimited free admission to the Gallery’s Collection and special exhibitions
- Invitations to special members-only exhibition previews and receptions
- A 10% discount at shop AK
- A 10% discount at AK café
- A 10% discount at select establishments in the Elmwood Village
- Discounts on lectures, classes, and workshops
- A reduced-price subscription to Aperture Magazine
- Access to the Gallery's G. Robert Strauss, Jr. Memorial Library
- Subscriptions to the Gallery's quarterly Members-only email newsletter, and the monthly WNED Magazine, which includes information for Albright-Knox Art Gallery Members
- An Albright-Knox Member window decal
- Free admission to a number of museums across New York State through the Empire State Museums Reciprocal Program (some restrictions may apply)
Founded as The Buffalo Fine Arts Academy in 1862, Albright-Knox Art Gallery curates an extensive collection of post-war American and European art that includes artists such as Pablo Picasso, Andy Warhol, and Arshile Gorky. Through April 15, 2012, the exhibition Spotlight on the Collection—Artists in Depth: Arp, Miró, Calder commands the attention of gallery-goers with an array of sculptures, paintings, and games of hangman doodled on fast-food napkins from artists Jean (Hans) Arp, Joan Miró, and Alexander Calder. The museum stages multiple limited-time exhibitions and hosts an ever-changing schedule of programs and events throughout the year.