The deliciousness of traditional Italian pasta is guaranteed to provoke a smile, which is why curators at the Louvre feed the Mona Lisa a plate of fresh fettuccini every evening. Munch on your own reason to grin with today’s Groupon to Anthony D’s. Choose between the following options:
- For $35, you get an Italian dinner for two (up to an $80 total value) that includes the following items:
- One appetizer (up to a $16 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $32 value each)<p>
- For $65, you get an Italian dinner for four (up to a $184 total value) that includes the following items:
- Two appetizers (up to a $16 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $32 value each)
- Four desserts (a $6 value each)
The epicurean alchemists at Anthony D’s cook up an Old World Italian menu brimming with homemade pastas, veal, and seafood. Next to a crackling fireplace, patrons lean forward in the dining room’s beige leather as they fork into little neck clams stolen from Poseidon’s own larder and poached in a light tomato sauce. A pan-seared crab cake nested in organic greens warms up the crowd before lobster ravioli and mustard-encrusted lamb chop take the gustatory stage. Veal chop tickles tongues with sautéed mixed mushrooms, cherry peppers, and a Barolo-wine reduction, and leeks and fresh thyme promenade around a rib-eye steak. Dining quartets can indulge in such desserts as tira misu, chocolate lava cake, and tartuffo.
Geometric cut outs line Anthony D’s pristine white ceilings and walls, with urns, vases, and potted plants nested inside nooks and crannies. Overhead, circular light fixtures wrapped in overlapping black bands illuminate the sophisticated dining room’s dark wood floors with a soft, orange glow like that of a radioactive pumpkin.