Photographers preserve subjects’ precious memories, abolishing the need to hastily scoop reflections out of nearby fountains. Seek permanence with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
$59 for an Introduction to Photography class (a $135 value)
- Led by award-winning nature photographer Stephen W. Oachs
- Covers essential topics including aperture, shutter speed, white balance, and ISO
- Catered snacks and student prizes <p>
$59 for an Introduction to Printing with Photoshop, Lightroom, or a printing service class (a $145 value)
- Led by Canvas Worthy’s master printer Jan Silverman
- Covers the camera settings to produce great prints, what makes a good photo printer, and the process of importing a digital image, processing it, and printing it with Photoshop or Lightroom<p>
$59 for a Photoshop CS6: Intro for Photographers class
- Led by Adobe-certified expert and photographer Scott Donschikowski
- Covers the basics of Photoshop to teach photographers how to create professional images<p>
Recipient of the National Wildlife Federation's 2007 Photographer of the Year and National Geographic's 2008 Best Nature Photographer awards, Aperture Academy founder Stephen Oachs has dedicated himself to passing on camera know-how to newly minted picture snappers alongside a team of pro teachers. His beautiful, wood-floored studio and gallery hosts classes that usher beginners through their first forays into photography. These sessions impart such advanced techniques as high-quality printing and using Photoshop to give red eye to every family member who refused to say "cheese." Workshops spirit students to beautiful locales throughout California, giving budding photographers the chance to hone their skills in stunning natural environments.