What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $20 for a one-year individual membership plus Clean Streams membership ($50 value)
- $26 for a one-year family membership plus Clean Streams membership ($65 value)
Family memberships include all members of an immediate family. Customers receive an introductory membership through 5/31/16, and a one-year membership from 6/1/16-5/31/2017, which is like receiving a 17-month membership for the price of a 12-month membership. Benefits include:
- Free admission to member meetings, including lectures, book signings, nature presentations
- Year-round access to ANS sanctuaries in Maryland and Virginia
- 10% discount on merchandise at Audubon Naturalist Shop
- Members-only pricing on classes, field trips, and nature travel
- Priority registration for Summer Nature Camp
- Subscriptions to ANS publications
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 31, 2016. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Online registration required in order to activate membership. Must activate membership by expiration. Must activate one-year membership by 5/31/16; membership expires 5/31/2017. Not valid for current ANS members. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Audubon Naturalist Society
Originally established in 1897 to protect the birds of America's capital, the Audubon Naturalist Society (ANS) is DC's oldest independent environmental organization. While it still devotes resources to protecting and studying birds, the ANS now embraces the protection of non-feathered creatures, as well; its educational programs include hikes in Rock Creek Park that explore the rich variety of flora, fauna, and way cool selfie opportunities the park offers. Read on to learn more:
About the sanctuaries: The ANS operates two: the 40-acre Woodend in Maryland and the 68-acre Rust in Virginia.
Best way to foster an appreciation of nature in kids: Enroll them in ANS's hands-on preschool for an outdoor-based education that not only focuses on science, but language, art, and music.
Best activity for adults: In addition to free local birding trips, ANS also organizes birding tours to such distant lands as Botswana, Honduras, and Scotland.
Best way to keep up with events: Become a member and receive a subscription to Naturalist Quarterly, the monthly e-newsletter, and invites and discounts to events.