A ballerina's graceful balance is inspiring to aspiring dancers, captivating to houses of cards, and vexing to bulldozers razing cliffside condor habitats. Behold adroit appendages with today's Groupon for one balcony-level ticket to Ballet Arizona's production of The Nutcracker (up to a $69 value), which will take place at Symphony Hall in downtown Phoenix. Choose from the following performances:
- Wednesday, December 15 at 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, December 16 at 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 22 at 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 22 at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, December 23 at 2 p.m.
- Sunday, December 26 at 1 p.m
- Sunday, December 26 at 5 p.m.
Boasting lavish scenery and high production value, Ballet Arizona's interpretation of this holiday favorite engages the starry eyes and manual clappers of audience members of all ages. The fleet-footed troupe performs the tale of Clara's magical adventure through the land of the Sugar Plum Fairy, which radiates with classic dances including Chinese Tea and the Waltz of the Flowers. Unlike flipbook fairy tales found in wholesale Crackerjack boxes, the ballet has outfitted their production with vivid costumes, complex choreography, and a talented cast to combine for a colorful rendition of the seasonal story.
- We should be grateful that our ballet company has so many first-rate dancers that we can field this many pairings in an evening and come away satisfied - even thrilled - by all of them. – Richard Nilsen, The Arizona Republic
- It's AMAZING to me that a ballet company can go from startup to being a destination company is fewer than 20 years! But, BAZ did it in 15. – Charlie G., Yelp
As toes twinkle onstage, visitors can bask in the renovated scenery of Symphony Hall, which couples hand-blown glass chandeliers with a quartet of designer tapestries. One of the largest machine-made draperies known to man, the theater’s colorful Grand Drape symbolizes the renewal of generations, creativity, and library books discovered during fossil digs.
75 N 2nd St.
Phoenix, Arizona 85004Get Directions