All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Letters from Boot Camp
Transform your body into a superstrong human chassis. For $40, today’s Groupon gets you five classes and a waived introductory fee at Barry’s Bootcamp (a $95 value). BB's revolutionary fitness camp is an exciting calorie-burning alternative to running on a treadmill while watching classic episodes of Life with Bonnie starring David Alan Grier.
BB's blends an intense fat-burning workout with a comfortable dance club environment. Each hour-long boot camp session provides 30 minutes of fat-burning interval cardio and treadmill work followed by 30 minutes of free-weight strength training, giving you equal proportions of fitness pizzazz. Participants burn 800 to 1000 calories on average during the limit-pushing exercises.
Barry and his experienced crew deliver game-changing results. With former workout trainers including Bob Harper from The Biggest Loser and Jesse Brune from BRAVO’s Workout, this boot camp knows how to get work done, so you can use your newfound endurance to wow your fellow gravediggers or peers at the coal-shoveling factory.
Classes are scheduled throughout the day, even on weekends, so it's perfect for on-the-go-lifestyles. Even loyally fit celebrities such as Jessica Alba, Eliza Dushku, Jason Biggs, Teri Hatcher, Allison Sweeney, and Maggie Gyllenhaal's brother have used Barry’s Bootcamp. Get your Groupon and take your fitness level to the next level, which may or may not be at least three levels above other popular fitness levels.
Kim Kardashian mentions Barry’s in Life & Style Magazine and the boot camp has been mentioned in magazines including Allure, Shape, Essence, Men’s Health, and more. Barry’s Bootcamp has also received praise in the Los Angeles Times where Karina Smirnoff says:
- For working out, I like Barry’s Bootcamp… They really kick my butt, but I love it.
Yelpers give Barry's Bootcamp five stars:
- They change it up between some massive intervals on the treadmill and reps with weights/bands and other crazy exercises I would have never thought of at the gym by myself. – Jess W.
- I LOVE IT! It makes the hour go by so quickly and you definitely get a killer work out. – jenny w.
- This is THE workout I have always wanted. it rocks my world. I am sore for 3 or 4 days post workout. – Grace L.
Letters from Boot Camp
Boot camps are fitness regimens designed to train and condition your physique; they are not actual sleep-away camps for fashion-conscious children to learn to craft and model boots, a mistake unfortunately made by the parents of 8-year-old Henry Duggins, who dropped him and his suitcase off at a boot camp last week, before leaving on their three-week cruise. Here’s a letter Henry wrote them for when they get back.
- Dear Mom and Dad: Boot camp is confusing. There are no boots here, and everyone is always exercizing [sic]. They are very strong. Every day, we get up early to do exercizes [sic] and it is hard but fun. When people ask me where my parents are, I tell them about your boat cruise and they look conserned [sic]. There are no beds here also and at night I sleep on a gym mat. I think I might hate you. Love, Henry.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 13, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person. May purchase multiple as gifts. New customers only. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.