Cafeteria food fights are mostly a result of the compartmentalized trays, whose impenetrable walls prevent foods from forming alliances with each other. Dine in a more diplomatic setting with today’s Groupon to Cafeteria Boston. Choose between the following options:
- For $30, you get dinner for two (up to a $75 value), which includes:
- One appetizer (up to a $14 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $26 value each)
- One dessert (up to a $9 value)
- For $50, you get dinner for four (a $150 value), which includes:
- Two appetizers (up to a $14 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $26 value each)
- Two desserts (up to a $9 value each)<p>
Inside Cafeteria’s cafeteria-inspired atmosphere, cooks update classic American grub by using ingredients such as free-range chicken and organic, local produce. Meals begin as diners dig into plates of shared appetizers, such as roasted beet salad with pecans and Vermont goat cheese or cod tacos stuffed with pickled cabbage and salsa verde. Main courses include a hanger steak carved from grass-fed beef that alights beside a heap of parmesan fries, as well as baked mac ‘n’ cheese, whose three-cheese blend can be bulked up with bacon, hot dogs, chicken, shrimp, or a meat-flavored chew toy. Patrons spend the last of their appetites on a selection of rich desserts, such as hunks of chocolate cake smeared with peanut-butter frosting or Fabergé eggs dipped in chocolate.
279 Newbury St.
Boston, Massachusetts 02116