Choose Between Two Options
- $70 for a Latin American dinner for two, valid Sunday–Thursday ($120 total value)
- $135 for a Latin American dinner for four, valid Sunday–Thursday ($240 total value)
Each dinner includes the following, per pair of diners:
- Two appetizers or one picada (up to $40 value)
- Two entrees (up to $32 value each)
- Two desserts (up to $8 value each)
New York food critics seem to have fallen in love with Calle Ocho—or at least in lust. Hai Rubenstein of New York magazine described the eatery as "uncalculatingly sexy," and the same publication's William Grimes once referred to Chef Alex Garcia as "a very sexy chef"—speaking of his food, of course.
Although Calle Ocho's softly lit environs simmer with sunset-colored booths and glazed terra-cotta mosaics, it is the menu of Latin American-fusion plates that keeps things hot. Under the direction of Consulting Chef Garcia and Executive Chef Rodney Mitchell, the kitchen staff drizzles saffron-pineapple sauce over lobster empanadas and mixes red snapper and thai chili into ceviche to create sharable plates for two people stuck in the same large sweater. For entrees, they top braised pork shank with pickled jalapeños and pair spice-rubbed salmon with lobster mash and mango chutney. Weekend brunches showcase such Latin-inspired plates as Costa Rican tacos with eggs and chorizo and Cuban-style burgers with chipotle ketchup.