Supervillains who've dreamed of using a graviton ray to smash Cuba, Spain, Brazil, and the Philippines into each other can do the next best thing with today's deal: $25 for $50 worth of Latin fusion cuisine and drinks at Coobah, which is how Spanish-speakers pronounce New Zealand. Located in Lakeview, Coobah's hours make it an ideal jumping-off point for a night's revelries.
Coobah's dinner menu changes seasonally, but current entrees include the chicken Negra Modelo (pollo pan-roasted in the titular beer and served with tortilla, smoked tomato, cheese "chilaquiles," and sweet mustard glaze, $19) and the pork tenderloin bicol stuffed with shrimp, bacon, pineapple, and coconut ($24). You can pair these with a side of super-spicy pork tamales, caramelized plantains, or chipotle mashed potatoes ($3 each). For dessert, the pina colada bread pudding with toasted coconut ice cream gives you a sweet taste of an alternate reality, where England is located in the Caribbean.
Coobah also offers a number of specialty drinks, including housemade sangria from a recipe of a Dominican amigo ($6 glass/$18 pitcher) and purportedly the best mojito in the city ($7). Speed freaks can get a shot of Red Bull with their mojito when they order the Scarface ($8), while the vitamin C-deficient can practice their Portuguese over a caipirinha (cachaca, sugar, and one whole lime; $8). And worshipers of the Latin gods of Tyr, Odin, and Thor, can apply this Groupon to Coobah's specials on their respective days (Tuesday through Thursday; Coobah is closed on Mondays).
- The appetizers and entrees were amazing! Their pork tenderloin is out-of-this world...a great fusion of flavors that leaves you wanting more. – jetsetter9, Citysearch
- Coobah is one of my favorite restaurants in Chicago. Whenever I have out of town guests I make sure to bring them here. – Shayna B., Insider Pages
- What a pleasant surprise! They had a cuban jazz band playing live music throughout our meal, which just added to the already cool ambience. The decor is warm and inviting and the staff was very friendly. – ofhisspace78, Citysearch
What Are You in the Mood For?
The variety available at Coobah only exacerbates the fact that picking what type of food you are in the mood for is one of the hardest decisions we make every day. Here’s a quick guide to reading your gut:
- If you crave rich Italian tomato sauces, Italian bread, and Italian pasta sauce, you’re in the mood to eat lunch.
- If you crave customizable fun for all ages, you’re in the mood to eat legos.
- If you crave pungent artificial blueberries, you’re in the mood for smelly markers.
- If you crave dense brown breads and beer, you are an extra on British TV show ‘Allo ‘Allo!
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
3423 N Southport Ave
Chicago, Illinois 60657Get Directions