Chefs’ ovens burn much hotter than conventional ovens, allowing them to quickly roast meats and melt glacier chunks into gourmet ice water. Enjoy professional cooking with today’s Groupon to Emmer & Rye. Choose between the following options:
- For $32, you get a dinner for two (up to a $71 total value) that includes the following:
- Two small dishes or half-sized large dishes (up to a $16 value each)
- Bottle of organic cabernet sauvignon (a $30 value)
- One dessert (up to a $9 value)<p>
- For $500, you get a private three-hour party for up to 30 people (a $1,000 value). The party includes the following:
- One glass of Washington red wine, white wine, or draft beer per person
- Appetizers and desserts from a special menu
Inside a century-old Victorian house adorned with period fixtures and antique housewares, Emmer & Rye’s chef and owner, Seth Caswell, concocts seasonal dishes that led to the eatery being named one of Seattle Metropolitan’s Best Restaurants in 2010. Caswell peppers his menu with ingredients sourced from local farmers, showcasing seasonal entrees of cider-braised pork shoulder, mussels in gingered squash broth, and gourmet burgers forged from grass-fed local beef. Desserts, such as Gramma’s cheesecake drenched in wild huckleberry sauce, vary by the month and the lunar cycle’s finicky dairy habits.
Party planners can invite up to 30 people—enough to admit the entire U.S. cabinet and their clones—to a coveted private space within the eatery for an evening of drinks, hors d’oeuvres, and seasonal socializing. Guests mingle as they tipple Washington-sourced wines and local draft beer among heaping plates of savory appetizers. Spicy sauce ignites palates atop skewers of grass-fed beef before farro fries extinguish the flames by diving into cool sage yogurt. To crown the seasonal feast, house-made jam and pastry cream gild soft morsels of lemon shortbread, treating guests to locally sourced sweetness like that of Count Chocula’s organic farm share.